There are endless possibilities when it comes to landscaping an outdoor space. Whether you're planting grass, building a hardscape, or installing a sprinkler system, you'll want to read up before you get going on a project. Our extensive Landscaping Home Guides allow you to become the most educated homeowner on your block, and our Price Guides keep you informed about the costs of outdoor improvement projects.
Find out how much home services cost.
Diagnose your home improvement and get it done.
- Vegetables That Will Survive Your Winter Weather
- 10 Best Garden Plants to Grow in the Winter
- Best Lawn Seeding Practices
- Best Uses of Rock Landscaping
- Service Irrigation System Guide
- The Benefits of a Miniature Zen Garden
- Ins and Outs of Roof Garden
- Creative Stone Pathway Solutions
- 10 Secrets to a Welcoming Front Yard
- Garden Installation Guide
- Grow a Small Garden…On Your Balcony!
- Softscape Installation Guide
- Hardscape Installation Guide
- 10 Backyard Additions for your Little Aspiring Athlete
- 5 Plants For An Indoor Botanical Garden
- Why Should I Hire a Professional for Pine Straw Installation?
- Yard Guide to Retaining Walls
- Drip System Installation Guide
- Artificial Grass Installation Guide
- Artificial Putting Green Guide
- Best Techniques for Sod Installation
- Sprinkler System Installation Guide
- Plant Bulb Growing Guide
- How to Brighten Up A Dreary Yard
- 10 Quick & Easy Curb Appeal Solutions
- 5 Best Flooded Yard Solutions
- 5 Tree Root Solutions
- Easy Muddy Yard Solutions
- Hassle-free Tree Stump Removal Solutions
- 5 Easy Tree Removal Solutions
- Outdoor Lighting Repair Guide
- How to Repair Your Sprinkler System
- How Often Should My Lawn be Mowed?
- Lawn Edging Yard Guide
- 3 Benefits of Fertilizing your Lawn
- How Often Should My Roses be Pruned?
- Yard Spring Cleaning Guide
- 5 Lawn Mowing Tips That You May Not Have Known
- 5 Tips to Get Rid of Crab Grass
- How Often Should My Lawn Be Edged?
- Removing a Tree Stump? Skip the Headache!
- Spring Yard Checklist
- Benefits of a Leaf Blowing Service
- What Are the Benefits of Professional Yard Clean-up?
- Quick Tips for Tree and Shrub Maintenance
- Best Solutions for Lawn Dog Waste
- How Often Should My Trees be Pruned?
- Top 5 Lawn Weeds Tips
- Golden Rules of Mulching
- Winter Tree Trimming Preparation
Cause & Prevention Guides
Learn why problems happen and how to avoid them.
- Why is My Grass Turning Yellow?
- Why is My Garden Waterlogged?
- Why Are My Flowers Wilting?
- Why is My Tree Dying?
- 10 Cute Animals That Can Destroy Your Yard
- Why is My Oak Tree Losing Bark?
- Why do I have Lawn Fungus?
- Why Are My Sprinklers Leaking?
- Why is My Lawn Brown?
- Why is My Garden Soil Hard?
- Why is My Grass Not Growing?
- Why are My Roses Dying?
- Why Do I Have a Gopher Problem?
- 10 Store-Bought Plants That Can Devastate a Yard
- Why isn’t My Hydrangea Blooming?
- Top 10 Serial Tree Killers
- How to Keep Squirrels Out of the Garden
- What are the Benefits of Lawn Aeration?
- Top Secret NFL Field Care Hacks
- Lawn Fungus Treatment & Prevention
- How to Prevent Your Grass from Dying
- Weed Prevention Guide
- How to Prevent Moles in Your Yard
- 12 Ways to Get Rid of Slugs in the Garden
- 5 Landscaping Safety Tips
- How to Prepare your Garden for the Winter
- 10 Garden Plants that Soak Up the Summer Sun
- 7 Thoughtful Uses of Dead Tree Leaves
- 10 Fertilizer and Pesticide Alternatives
- The Difference between Hardscape and Softscape
- Stone Wall Options and Benefits
- Pros and Cons of Synthetic Grass
- 5 Reasons to Install an Arbor, Pergola, or Trellis
- 10 Expectations from a Good Lawn Service
- Pros and Cons of Hiring a Yard Work Service
- 5 Questions to Ask a Gardener
- 5 Tools Every Yard Needs
- 5 Questions to Ask Landscapers
- Retaining Walls Materials & Benefits
- Plants that Grow Throughout Winter
- 10 Essentials for a Backyard Playground
- 10 Garden Plants to Bring in the Spring
- 5 Questions to Ask Your Tree Service