There are endless possibilities when it comes to landscaping an outdoor space. Whether you're planting grass, building a hardscape, or installing a sprinkler system, you'll want to read up before you get going on a project. Our extensive Landscaping Home Guides allow you to become the most educated homeowner on your block, and our Price Guides keep you informed about the costs of outdoor improvement projects.
Find out how much home services cost.
Diagnose your home improvement and get it done.
- 10 Best Garden Plants to Grow in the Winter
- Service Irrigation System Guide
- The Benefits of a Miniature Zen Garden
- Hardscape Installation Guide
- Softscape Installation Guide
- Garden Installation Guide
- 10 Secrets to a Welcoming Front Yard
- Vegetables That Will Survive Your Winter Weather
- 5 Plants For An Indoor Botanical Garden
- Why Should I Hire a Professional for Pine Straw Installation?
- Grow a Small Garden…On Your Balcony!
- Ins and Outs of Roof Garden
- Creative Stone Pathway Solutions
- Best Uses of Rock Landscaping
- Artificial Putting Green Guide
- Yard Guide to Retaining Walls
- How to Brighten Up A Dreary Yard
- Artificial Grass Installation Guide
- Best Lawn Seeding Practices
- 10 Backyard Additions for your Little Aspiring Athlete
- Sprinkler System Installation Guide
- Plant Bulb Growing Guide
- Drip System Installation Guide
- 10 Quick & Easy Curb Appeal Solutions
- Best Techniques for Sod Installation
- 5 Best Flooded Yard Solutions
- Easy Muddy Yard Solutions
- Outdoor Lighting Repair Guide
- 5 Easy Tree Removal Solutions
- How to Repair Your Sprinkler System
- 5 Tree Root Solutions
- Hassle-free Tree Stump Removal Solutions
- Spring Yard Checklist
- How Often Should My Lawn Be Edged?
- Golden Rules of Mulching
- 3 Benefits of Fertilizing your Lawn
- Lawn Edging Yard Guide
- How Often Should My Lawn be Mowed?
- Top 5 Lawn Weeds Tips
- How Often Should My Trees be Pruned?
- What Are the Benefits of Professional Yard Clean-up?
- Benefits of a Leaf Blowing Service
- Removing a Tree Stump? Skip the Headache!
- Winter Tree Trimming Preparation
- 5 Tips to Get Rid of Crab Grass
- Quick Tips for Tree and Shrub Maintenance
- Yard Spring Cleaning Guide
- Best Solutions for Lawn Dog Waste
- 5 Lawn Mowing Tips That You May Not Have Known
- How Often Should My Roses be Pruned?
Cause & Prevention Guides
Learn why problems happen and how to avoid them.
- Why is My Grass Turning Yellow?
- Why are My Roses Dying?
- Why is My Oak Tree Losing Bark?
- Why is My Grass Not Growing?
- Why Do I Have a Gopher Problem?
- Why is My Lawn Brown?
- Why Are My Flowers Wilting?
- Why is My Tree Dying?
- 10 Cute Animals That Can Destroy Your Yard
- Why is My Garden Soil Hard?
- Why Are My Sprinklers Leaking?
- Why is My Garden Waterlogged?
- 10 Store-Bought Plants That Can Devastate a Yard
- Why do I have Lawn Fungus?
- Why isn’t My Hydrangea Blooming?
- Top 10 Serial Tree Killers
- What are the Benefits of Lawn Aeration?
- How to Keep Squirrels Out of the Garden
- How to Prevent Moles in Your Yard
- Top Secret NFL Field Care Hacks
- How to Prevent Your Grass from Dying
- Lawn Fungus Treatment & Prevention
- 5 Landscaping Safety Tips
- 12 Ways to Get Rid of Slugs in the Garden
- Weed Prevention Guide
- 10 Garden Plants that Soak Up the Summer Sun
- How to Prepare your Garden for the Winter
- 10 Fertilizer and Pesticide Alternatives
- Pros and Cons of Synthetic Grass
- Retaining Walls Materials & Benefits
- 7 Thoughtful Uses of Dead Tree Leaves
- 5 Reasons to Install an Arbor, Pergola, or Trellis
- Pros and Cons of Hiring a Yard Work Service
- The Difference between Hardscape and Softscape
- 10 Essentials for a Backyard Playground
- 10 Garden Plants to Bring in the Spring
- 10 Expectations from a Good Lawn Service
- Stone Wall Options and Benefits
- 5 Questions to Ask Landscapers
- 5 Questions to Ask a Gardener
- Plants that Grow Throughout Winter
- 5 Tools Every Yard Needs
- 5 Questions to Ask Your Tree Service