There are endless possibilities when it comes to landscaping an outdoor space. Whether you're planting grass, building a hardscape, or installing a sprinkler system, you'll want to read up before you get going on a project. Our extensive Landscaping Home Guides allow you to become the most educated homeowner on your block, and our Price Guides keep you informed about the costs of outdoor improvement projects.
Find out how much home services cost.
Diagnose your home improvement and get it done.
- Artificial Grass Installation Guide
- Why Should I Hire a Professional for Pine Straw Installation?
- Yard Guide to Retaining Walls
- 10 Best Garden Plants to Grow in the Winter
- Creative Stone Pathway Solutions
- Service Irrigation System Guide
- Ins and Outs of Roof Garden
- The Benefits of a Miniature Zen Garden
- Vegetables That Will Survive Your Winter Weather
- 10 Secrets to a Welcoming Front Yard
- Best Lawn Seeding Practices
- Grow a Small Garden…On Your Balcony!
- In-Ground Pool Material Options
- Flagstone Patio Installation Guide
- Ultimate Guide to a Backyard Fire Pit
- Backyard Patio Installation Guide
- Garden Installation Guide
- 5 Plants For An Indoor Botanical Garden
- Artificial Putting Green Guide
- Plant Bulb Growing Guide
- Softscape Installation Guide
- How to Prepare for a Patio
- How to Brighten Up A Dreary Yard
- Hardscape Installation Guide
- 10 Quick & Easy Curb Appeal Solutions
- 10 Backyard Additions for your Little Aspiring Athlete
- Drip System Installation Guide
- Sprinkler System Installation Guide
- Best Techniques for Sod Installation
- Best Uses of Rock Landscaping
- 5 Tree Root Solutions
- Easy Muddy Yard Solutions
- 5 Best Flooded Yard Solutions
- 5 Easy Tree Removal Solutions
- Outdoor Lighting Repair Guide
- How to Repair Your Sprinkler System
- Hassle-free Tree Stump Removal Solutions
- 3 Benefits of Fertilizing your Lawn
- Removing a Tree Stump? Skip the Headache!
- How Often Should My Lawn Be Edged?
- How Often Should My Trees be Pruned?
- What Are the Benefits of Professional Yard Clean-up?
- Top 5 Lawn Weeds Tips
- 5 Lawn Mowing Tips That You May Not Have Known
- 5 Tips to Get Rid of Crab Grass
- Yard Spring Cleaning Guide
- Lawn Edging Yard Guide
- Best Solutions for Lawn Dog Waste
- Spring Yard Checklist
- Benefits of a Leaf Blowing Service
- How Often Should My Roses be Pruned?
- Quick Tips for Tree and Shrub Maintenance
- Winter Tree Trimming Preparation
- How Often Should My Lawn be Mowed?
- Golden Rules of Mulching
Cause & Prevention Guides
Learn why problems happen and how to avoid them.
- Why is My Grass Turning Yellow?
- Why Do I Have a Gopher Problem?
- Why is My Tree Dying?
- 10 Cute Animals That Can Destroy Your Yard
- Why is My Oak Tree Losing Bark?
- Why is My Garden Soil Hard?
- Why are My Roses Dying?
- Why is My Lawn Brown?
- Why Are My Flowers Wilting?
- Why Are My Sprinklers Leaking?
- What Causes Patio Moss?
- Why isn’t My Hydrangea Blooming?
- Why is My Grass Not Growing?
- Why is My Garden Waterlogged?
- Why do I have Lawn Fungus?
- 10 Store-Bought Plants That Can Devastate a Yard
- Top 10 Serial Tree Killers
- How to Prevent Your Grass from Dying
- How to Keep Squirrels Out of the Garden
- Top Secret NFL Field Care Hacks
- How to Prevent Moles in Your Yard
- 10 Garden Plants that Soak Up the Summer Sun
- Lawn Fungus Treatment & Prevention
- What are the Benefits of Lawn Aeration?
- 5 Landscaping Safety Tips
- 12 Ways to Get Rid of Slugs in the Garden
- Weed Prevention Guide
- How to Prepare your Garden for the Winter
- 10 Essentials for a Backyard Playground
- 10 Expectations from a Good Lawn Service
- 10 Fertilizer and Pesticide Alternatives
- Pros and Cons of Synthetic Grass
- Stone Wall Options and Benefits
- Retaining Walls Materials & Benefits
- 7 Thoughtful Uses of Dead Tree Leaves
- The Difference between Hardscape and Softscape
- 5 Creative Patio Ideas
- 5 Reasons to Install an Arbor, Pergola, or Trellis
- 10 Garden Plants to Bring in the Spring
- Pros and Cons of Hiring a Yard Work Service
- 5 Questions to Ask a Gardener
- 5 Tools Every Yard Needs
- 5 Questions to Ask Your Tree Service
- Essential Questions for Patio Contractor
- Plants that Grow Throughout Winter
- 5 Questions to Ask Landscapers