There are endless possibilities when it comes to landscaping an outdoor space. Whether you're planting grass, building a hardscape, or installing a sprinkler system, you'll want to read up before you get going on a project. Our extensive Landscaping Home Guides allow you to become the most educated homeowner on your block, and our Price Guides keep you informed about the costs of outdoor improvement projects.
Find out how much home services cost.
Diagnose your home improvement and get it done.
- 10 Best Garden Plants to Grow in the Winter
- Plant Bulb Growing Guide
- Creative Stone Pathway Solutions
- 10 Secrets to a Welcoming Front Yard
- The Benefits of a Miniature Zen Garden
- Vegetables That Will Survive Your Winter Weather
- Service Irrigation System Guide
- How to Brighten Up A Dreary Yard
- Ins and Outs of Roof Garden
- Best Techniques for Sod Installation
- Artificial Grass Installation Guide
- 5 Plants For An Indoor Botanical Garden
- Why Should I Hire a Professional for Pine Straw Installation?
- 10 Backyard Additions for your Little Aspiring Athlete
- Hardscape Installation Guide
- Artificial Putting Green Guide
- Sprinkler System Installation Guide
- Yard Guide to Retaining Walls
- Softscape Installation Guide
- 10 Quick & Easy Curb Appeal Solutions
- Garden Installation Guide
- Grow a Small Garden…On Your Balcony!
- Drip System Installation Guide
- Best Lawn Seeding Practices
- Best Uses of Rock Landscaping
- 5 Best Flooded Yard Solutions
- Easy Muddy Yard Solutions
- Hassle-free Tree Stump Removal Solutions
- 5 Easy Tree Removal Solutions
- Outdoor Lighting Repair Guide
- 5 Tree Root Solutions
- How to Repair Your Sprinkler System
- What Are the Benefits of Professional Yard Clean-up?
- How Often Should My Trees be Pruned?
- 5 Lawn Mowing Tips That You May Not Have Known
- Removing a Tree Stump? Skip the Headache!
- How Often Should My Lawn Be Edged?
- Golden Rules of Mulching
- How Often Should My Lawn be Mowed?
- How Often Should My Roses be Pruned?
- Quick Tips for Tree and Shrub Maintenance
- 3 Benefits of Fertilizing your Lawn
- Benefits of a Leaf Blowing Service
- 5 Tips to Get Rid of Crab Grass
- Winter Tree Trimming Preparation
- Spring Yard Checklist
- Best Solutions for Lawn Dog Waste
- Top 5 Lawn Weeds Tips
- Yard Spring Cleaning Guide
- Lawn Edging Yard Guide
Cause & Prevention Guides
Learn why problems happen and how to avoid them.
- 10 Cute Animals That Can Destroy Your Yard
- 10 Store-Bought Plants That Can Devastate a Yard
- Top 10 Serial Tree Killers
- Why is My Oak Tree Losing Bark?
- Why is My Grass Turning Yellow?
- Why is My Tree Dying?
- Why Are My Flowers Wilting?
- Why is My Grass Not Growing?
- Why is My Garden Soil Hard?
- Why are My Roses Dying?
- Why is My Lawn Brown?
- Why Are My Sprinklers Leaking?
- Why do I have Lawn Fungus?
- Why is My Garden Waterlogged?
- Why Do I Have a Gopher Problem?
- Why isn’t My Hydrangea Blooming?
- 12 Ways to Get Rid of Slugs in the Garden
- How to Prevent Moles in Your Yard
- 5 Landscaping Safety Tips
- Top Secret NFL Field Care Hacks
- How to Prevent Your Grass from Dying
- How to Keep Squirrels Out of the Garden
- What are the Benefits of Lawn Aeration?
- 10 Garden Plants that Soak Up the Summer Sun
- Lawn Fungus Treatment & Prevention
- How to Prepare your Garden for the Winter
- Weed Prevention Guide
- The Difference between Hardscape and Softscape
- 7 Thoughtful Uses of Dead Tree Leaves
- Pros and Cons of Hiring a Yard Work Service
- 10 Fertilizer and Pesticide Alternatives
- Pros and Cons of Synthetic Grass
- Retaining Walls Materials & Benefits
- Stone Wall Options and Benefits
- 10 Essentials for a Backyard Playground
- 5 Questions to Ask Landscapers
- 10 Garden Plants to Bring in the Spring
- 5 Questions to Ask a Gardener
- Plants that Grow Throughout Winter
- 5 Questions to Ask Your Tree Service
- 10 Expectations from a Good Lawn Service
- 5 Reasons to Install an Arbor, Pergola, or Trellis
- 5 Tools Every Yard Needs